What is Rally Cap?
The Rally Cap Program is baseball's initiation program and is designed to enhance players' and coaches' first experience with the game. The program helps teams teach players the five FUNdamentals of baseball in a fun and safe environment. Players have the opportunity to perform different tasks in order to earn a colored Baseball Canada Rally Cap. Cap colors correspond with various levels of achievement. In Manitoba, the hats are distributed free to associations.
Baseball Manitoba has adopted Baseball Canada's Rally Cap as the entry level, or initiation program for the 4 - 7 age group. The format involves three teams of six players that meet at the park at the same time. Two teams play a 20 minute game, while one team practices in the outfield. Every 20 minutes they switch, so that each team plays offense and defense and has one practice in the 60 minutes session. Sessions are held once per week for 6 to 8 weeks. (depending on weather)
A successful program is highly dependent on parents/volunteers to assist with the various groups and activities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are willing to assist with this program.
Rally Cap Program Goals
1. Create a fun environment in which children and adults are actively engaged together in the game of baseball.
2. Develop fundamental motor skills, teach baseball skills, and basic rules to our players.
3. Experience success with an emphasis on good sportsmanship.
4. Promote increased self-esteem among Rally Cap children and adults.
5. Recruiting new coaches and volunteers