2021 Season Update.
Firstly, thank you to all those who have pre-registered for the 2021 season. The response has been great and we are very encouraged to see there is still a lot of interest in our local baseball program.
At this time Niverville Baseball would like to share the following with you
- Based on the recent announcement by the Province, we are moving to full registration at this time. If you haven't registered, please go to http://nivervilleyouthbaseball.rampregistrations.com/ If you have already registered, you can pay the registration fee in one of two ways. If you want to pay by credit card, log in to your Niverville Baseball account and click on pay outstanding balances. On that screen you can input the credit card information. If you wish to send an E-Transfer, log in to your Niverville Baseball account and check the balance owing. Then send an E-Transfer to Niverville.email@example.com For the security question please use wildcats2021 as the answer. Also in the E-Transfer, please make a note as to which player(s) the payment is for.
- A Carillon league meeting was held at the end of February to provide an update on the upcoming season. The season for Rally Cap and 9U (Grand Slam) will be unchanged. It will be held from the beginning of May to the end of June. However, there will be a change to the season for 11U, 13U, 15U and 18U. Baseball Manitoba is recommending league games to start June 1st. The rationale for the delayed start is to allow associations to conduct outdoor tryouts for their high performance programs prior to league games starting. Normally these tryouts are held indoors from Feb to April however current restrictions limit the availability to do so. Thus, the month of May will be used for tryouts and training with leagues starting June 1st. This means that the season will run from June 1st to the end of July. Baseball Manitoba has considered that it may impact registration but they feel it is the best course of action at this time. This is the best information we have at this time. There will be another Carillon league meeting in mid-April after which we can provide more details and further update.
If you have already registered in the 11U to 18U age group and you wish to cancel the registration due to the season extending into July, please let Niverville Baseball know at Niverville.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not yet registered, please take the above information into account.
- Refund Policy for 2021. The refund policy for 2021 will be as follows:
Niverville Wildcats baseball collects registration fees for the following purposes:
- start up costs for the season such as purchasing balls, equipment, etc.
- pay administrative costs (website maintenance, credit card fees, etc)
- payment of league fees to Baseball Manitoba and Carillon (fees range from $17 to $45 per player based on age)
- diamond rental from the Town of Niverville
- umpire fees
- reimbursement of coaching and umpire clinic fees
Excess funds (if any) are used for the general betterment of Niverville Wildcats baseball.
Due to the potential for changes in the provincial health restrictions, for 2021, Niverville Baseball will allow a player to cancel his or her registration for a full refund if done so by May 15, 2021. Cancellations initiated by the player after that date will not be issued a refund.
However, if there is a mid-season shut down/cancellation by Carillon or Baseball Manitoba, Niverville Baseball will do its best to provide refunds but essential costs as listed above will need to be covered first. If there are any surplus funds they will be refunded on a pro-rated basis which will be determined at that time.
- Indoor practices. There is an opportunity to rent the arena in St. Adolphe for indoor pre-season practices in March and April. This will be intended for 11U, 13U and a combined 15U/18U group. Sessions would be twice a week for 1.5hrs each. Schedule to be determined. The cost will be $50 per player. If you are interested please send an email to Niverville.email@example.com at your earliest convenience. To make this work financially, we would need at least 12 players per age group.
If you have any questions on the above , please don’t hesitate to contact Niverville Baseball at Niverville.firstname.lastname@example.org